1. EU National Renewable Energy Plans (nREAP) and Bioenergy Policies in Different Countries: RE directive and national implemental plans 2020, bioenergy policy in different countries around the world, and bioenergy promoting programmes and fossil-free examples, security of energy supply. Legislation, Green values, strategies and market instruments, certificates, feed in tariffs, emission trading.
2. Biomass Demand, Supply and Employment: Potentials of different biomass resources (forest, agro, by-products, waste) quantities, measurements methods, qualities and properties for feedstock from forestry, agriculture, peatlands, municipals and processing industry. Market potential and demands, green energy markets. Bioenergy markets by sectors, national and areal demonstration and markets, implementations of bioenergy business and use, fuel quality assurances and standards, price competitiveness. Rural employment and entrepreneur business models and practices.
3. Sustainable Criteria of Bioenergy: Sustainable use of bioenergy, models, sustainability criteria of biofuels and biomasses, LCA on green house gas reduction, carbon dioxide capture. Technologies and systems for lowering emissions and nanoparticles, healthy questions, recycling and ash handling, flue gas cleaning, sustainable development.
4. Fuel Production Technology and Economy: Logistics and production technologies of biomasses from forest, agriculture and peatlands. Business models, procurement and transport systems, quality and cost handling, energy efficiency and economy of bioenergy production chains, management and operational tools.
5. CHP and Power Production: Combined Heat and Power Production (CHP), Nordic NordPool electricity markets, market system and trade, CO2-emission trading and market visions, co-firing, combustion and boiler systems and technologies, carbon dioxide capture. Technologies and systems for CHP production, market implementations. Co-combustion with peat.
6. Individual House Heating Solutions: Small boilers, firewood and pellet stoves and ovens. Low emission solution and reduction of emisssions.
7. District heating: Technologies and systems for small houses and municipalities, bioenergy boiler systems connected with other renewables, implementation tools, legislation facts and specialties' by countries. Fuel demands and boiler and biofuel certification (billets, fire wood, pellets, wood chips, biogas, bioliquers etc).
8. Solid conversion: Production and properties of pellets, torrefaction and production of biocarbons
9. Chemical Conversion Technologies: Gasification, pyrolysis, biological conversion and liquid fuels production (biodiesel, ethanol, direct/indirect liquefaction).
10. Biogas: Production of biogas from different sources. Upgrading to methane. Use in different sectors.
11. Biofuels for Transport: New innovations, biofuels and growing markets, first and second generation biofuels, car technologies, sustainability of biofuels, legislation challenges and barriers in the markets and trade.
12. IT, Communication and Education: Marketing and information dissemination, education and trading, technologies, internet, mobile phone technology, electronic documentations, remote management tools, internet marketing.